Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 5 January 2009

Grumpy old cow...

I woke up this morning in my Grumpy Old Cow mode, snarrrrllllll....

No particular real reason, lots of little buggy annoying things that became huge antsy mountains in my head, snarrrrrlll....

Got to the gym and had managed to piss Hubby off in the half hour from snarling out of bed to the gym, snarrllll...

Started with Smith Machine Front Squats which I always have trouble with as the bar just ends up resting on the joint of my thumb and hurting like hell and I can not put any decent weight on the bar and that just frustrates the bejesus out of me SNARRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL...

Still was not speaking to hubby, which he was probably really pleased about, as I stomped upstairs to the next machine snarrrllllll...

Then more leg work and finally around the Lying Hamstring curls my snarrrrrllll fell off!!! Yay!

It has been lurking at the back of my head all day and came back a couple of times for no good reason but I did managed to hold it at bay enough to speak with hubby and not have him cringe...

Did extra cardio tonight and low and behold - snarrllll all gone!!!

Ate really well today, I have FINALLY learnt that if I am bored or sitting still, as in reading or on this computer, I put carbs in my mouth!

SO0000 instead of being bored when I had finished work I had Hubby drop me at the Library then I walked home from the Library, then vaccy'd and mopped floors, did washing, scrubbed the outdoor furniture that Tank insists is for resting his dinosaur bones on so he doesn't have to bend to chew, then rearranged the out door furniture and by then Hubby was home and it was cardio time - taaadaaaa no extra carbs!!

I have changed my schedule this year so I can resolve one New Years resolution and I now have Tuesday as my day off...

This is so I can spend time with my Daughter and Grand kids as they are not at work or daycare on Tuesdays, I have already been told by my fabulous four year old Jofus Nofus that "We are doing the beach thing Nana" Yay I can't wait! I love that he is still at the age when skipping and holding hands with his Nana is a good thing!

My kids won't do it anymore - go figure!!! LOL

Now it's time for egg whites and protein powder - and I really do like this heaps - YUM!!!! I don't know why other people don't??? It's mushy and hot and yum...

But then I also like to skip in public LOL

1 comment:

Raechelle said...

Yep, boredom will do it every time! It took me a while to figure that one out too-or at least admit it to myself-LOL!
Hope you enjoy your Tuesday off!