Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 8 March 2009

Lights camera action....

Wow, I have just had a great weekend... Coming to the end of it feeling soooooo positive about the coming contest... which makes a HUGE change for little old insecure me!

Saturday morning practice posing with the "Kelli Girls" was just a ball!!!! I got to meet the crazy two Amanda's, Jen and Antoinette and we had a good long session of posing, posing , posing ohh yes and more posing!!!! Lots of laughter, lots of sweat, lots of pain!!!

I learned the following very important things....

Everyone of us has a problem with some part of our own bodies...
Everyone of us looks at the that so called problem area on the person next to us first and instantly decides that theirs is better...
Everyone of us has a fabulous area...
Everyone of us does not believe it when her people tell us it is fabulous...

And for those out there who didn't already know...
We are all equal, we are all fabulous, we are all strong and we are all the best ...
Height, weight, colour, shape or age does not make us who we are. What and how we share with others is does...

Kelli worked us hard and kept us going for nearly 2 hours and it was the best morning workout I have had in a long time LOL

I came home totally jealous of the facilities at their Gym... They have a steam room and a sauna!!! The closest we get to a steam room/sauna at my gym is when however opens up on a rainy day forgets to open the windows and turn on the fans! The spin room was to die for... I want to make a special trip back just for a class!

On a sad note my Foreman grill went to the great appliance shelf in the sky first thing on Saturday morning just when I was trying to get our meals ready for the day tip up to the posing practice... oh crap! so I dug out the trusty and incredibly slow fry pan.

So we came home with a new Foreman grill and an electric rice cooker as well.. I am now in love with the rice cooker, it is my newest bestest friend.

I also came home with a new more positive perspective of myself and I have managed to nail the first half of my routine!!! Once again apologies to Hubby for snarling at him when he dared to point out my errors, over and over and over... but hey it worked and I finally end up standing where I should do, when I should do, how I should do and in time to the music as well - BONUS!

Today we went out a bought a new camera - FINALLY!!! and so I now have no excuses for not putting up photos of my bits. No wonder the photos we have been taking with my old camera looked like crap, I never realised it was only 2 mega pixies, the new one is 10 mega pixes... tell you those extra 8 pixies are just awesome little critters!!! And they can even draw moving pictures as well... LOL

Finally managed to find news of Jo Stewart at the Arnold, although I still haven't seen the full results it seems Jo took 3rd place in her class! She went up a weight division this year so an awesome result for my friend!!!! Yay! Big hugs to Jo!!!!

Soooo thats been my weekend, as well as a quick visit to Mum and Dad, a jog/walk along the waterfront, felling a few banana palms, cardio once and Abs twice, 8 meals and a partridge in a pear tree in no particular order...

Got to go iron the saggy baggy uniform, get the supp's all set up on the bench for the morning, have a shake and a cup of green tea and hit the sack....

3 comments:

Fifi said...

I'm totally in love with my rice cooker. It's perfect every time! Oh the years I spent cooking soggy rice in the saucepan and then again in the microwave....

Tearose said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I LOVE rice cookers and so want one and a foreman grill hell I need a camera too! LOL Have a great day!

Raechelle said...

Wow-I'm exhausted just reading that! LOL! yep...not too long off now...glad you are staying so positive-it makes a huge difference! Can't wait to see some pics with the new camera girl! You have no excuses now!
Cheers dear!