Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Thursday 14 May 2009

Nails, toes, hair, weights, bf%, bike & me photos, food.... gasp!

Last night I sat down to catch up on this blog and just as I logged in the site went down for servicing... so lets play catch up..

Finally I have finished working for this week, so today is Hairdresser, nails & toes day.

Yesterday started with the normal training, extra water to be drunk, clean 2 cars and a 4x4, then off to Kelli's for the weekly weights and measurements......

The results were great, I stressed all the way up as I haven't been able to train as hard as I usually do with the reduced calories, but there were the results of all these weeks in black and white on my fat%/skinfolds chart... bf% 7, skinfolds 35mm, weight 56.2kg - dead on what was needed for the competition!!! Yay!!!!

We did a quick posing practice and then worked through all the depletion, sodium, water, carb loading etc...

Trained and did cardio this morning and then wandered home to have my first meal of the day. It was fabulous to be able to walk int morning sunshine and not rush home to go to work!!!

I found having steamed chicken and sweet potato for breakfast a bit weird, but it was yummy - what can I say, I love bland foods LOL. Only one more lot of sweet potato this morning then it's just steamed chook and veges for the rest of the day... It's going to be interesting having my nails, toes and hair done and drinking 6 litres of water, I have already warned the hairdresser and Tash my nail tech that I will be dashing in and out of the salon LOL..

Hubby has once again gone beyond the call of duty and organised a photo shoot for me next week, this is something I have wanted for ages and it will be my birthday pressy.... I am now trying to work out how to be in one of my bikini's with stripper shoes and my bike and not look like one of those moley models in the bike mags... I have searched the web for ideas but it seems there is only the trashy "Ride me like I'm YOUR bike" girly poses or the fully leather " I own this bike" look... The photographer is a woman so I'm pretty sure she will understand what I DON'T want... I just ave to work out how to get bikini, stripper shoes, muscles, harley, sexy not slutty working together... LOL

Well I better go and pack my Esky for the day at the hairdressers, make sure my water is measured, hang out the washing, eat my 10am meal and go....

Hell this is awesome fun!!!

If you ever thought about doing this you just have to!!!

You have one life (this time round) use every second enjoying what you have and reaching for what you want!!!!

3 comments:

mq01 said...

damn right, enjoy it instead of just getting older :) !!! have a fantastic time, im sure you will do great!!! and i cant wait to see the pics.

KRISTIN said...

Good luck on Sunday Cath! I'm sure you'll be awesome, I can't wait to hear how you go!

SeLiNa said...

WAHOO!!! My pampering and primping is all happening too :) NOT LONG NOW!