Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 2 August 2009

Its August.....

Already! Wow and what a fabulously beautiful weekend it has been.

Yesterday after training Abs, Hammies and Bulging Biceps I helped Hubby clean a couple of cars so we could get away early and head up the coast to pick up some supplements before the shop cosed at 2pm.

Had a quick "hey! fancy seeing you here" with my Cousins wife (Cousin was at the footy) then headed to another shop to get some extra special pre-contest yummy muesli which Hubby must take to work with him so I don't munch it all as soon as I am alone LOL

Came back and gathered food and a DVD then hunkered down for the night.

Even though I went to bed just after 9pm today I woke up exhausted, but still went with Hubby for some more Abs and 35 mins of HIIT cardio, which woke me up but didn't help with the beyond tired feeling.

So after we had breakfast and removed some of the excess Mango tree branches that have bugged me for a few weeks, Hubby packed me up and we walked along Woorim Beach for a wonderful hour enjoying living on Bribie and the wonderful "this just can't be winter" weather. Where we lived in Kiwiland, August was the month it always snowed and we still gloat about our temperatures here in winter...

We came back and ate again then lazed around in the sun, I just fell straight to sleep but the beastly dogs were playing out the front with us and would wait till I was sound asleep and bark and scare the bejezzus out of me! Sometimes I think they enjoy living dangerously LOL

Then we shot out for a coffee and more gathering of food... I have remained drained all day, you know that whole "don't look at me or I will just cry" kind of feeling... never mind tomorrow is another day and I will feed up and hit the sack early tonight...

So does anyone else have to shop every day because just thinking about buying a weeks worth of food makes their bank balance pass out... I mean for us it's around $100 for just the weeks chicken, then there is the steak and the tuna, and that's just the proteins..... Still I couldn't imagine eating processed food anymore and I am grateful that we actually afford to eat this way even if it does mean shopping by installments LOL!

I then cleaned out a heap of old fitness magazines and Hubby and the dogs are delivering to our gym... yes the dogs are driving again... well they do need the practice... LOL

Well time to go and mealerise, stack supplements on the bench, sort saggy baggy uniform, and gym clothes, then hopefully have time to answer a few emails...

Shoulders and chest tomorrow... and I have decided I am gonna try something a bit different... anyone else read the latest Ironman article about 10x10 training????

1 comment:

Tearose said...

I shop everyday because doing one trip is too much for me to handle lol, it seems like such a big job and f*&ck food is expensive! Our protein bill is about the same. :( I tell myself its extra cardio walking to the shop, trouble is I forget why I am there and come home with cookies instead cuz they were 1.89! =0