Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Monday 29 March 2010

hmmm Now theres a thought...

So much for a ride to blow my brains clear... awoke Sunday morning bright and early so I could get on Bitch Broom and head to Mooloolaba only to hear heavy rain hitting the roof....


Damn it!!!! Saturday was a perfect riding day and I spent it getting my hair done... love the hair but Damn it!!!


We still headed up to watch my Cousin do the bike leg in teams event of the Mooloolaba Triathlon, which he did in a new record time for him! Wow those people are just soooo fit.... and then my new red haired brain started ticking.... hmmmm Trying out a Tri.... now there's a thought... I have always been a swimmer, I can now run/jog and ok I think push bikes are Satans toys but hey everyone has one stage they don't really actually love eh???


Of course I can not plan anything until after Wednesday and my visit to the Prof, but I do know there is a Pink Ribbon Tri on the Sunshine Coast in September and it is a really short course for total learners... hmmmm just maybe... If all is well on Wednesday I might even be able to use it as a cardio thingy for a contest in October....


We started a new training programme this morning, its a total change for us as we have been doing one/two body parts per day 5/6 days a week for a long time... In fact so long now that I think Hubby may be suffering from over training, and I love to swap programmes around every 8 weeks anyway, so today we started a 4 day split doing total upper body Monday and Thursday and lower body Tuesday and Friday.

It was definitely a change of pace as every exercise was supersetted with opposing muscle groups, the reps were low and heavy and each body part only had 2-3 exercises. Totally different.... It was still a total cardio workout as well as a strength workout and I was soaked with sweat by then end of it... ohh might just add at this point that this is me "resting" ok... hehehehehe

Due to the programme being new and the super sets needing some adjustments for machine availability (we pretty much only have one of anything at the the gym) it took all our time just to get through the weights so I went and did cardio tonight - 40 mins on the cross trainer with a 10 minute jog on incline tacked on to the end while waiting for Hubby to finish... yes this IS me resting ok!!!

I keep my heart rate under 80% most of the time... and definitely when doing cardio as I'm there to keep the fat low... of course this may all change if I am allowed to play in the Triathlons.... :o))

My hair was a bit of a shock at work today, damn it clashed with the bright blue work shirt LOL opps forgot about that when having it done... so after the initial entrance I popped it into a ponytail to lessen the shock.... I had two girls ask if it was a wig LOL No babies this is all me just enjoying being me!

Lower body training tomorrow... wow maybe I should have laid off the cardio tonight... not!

Well I'm off to surf the web for training programmes for tri's... no harm in looking.... just in case I am allowed... Roll on Wednesday I just so need to know what I am allowed to do!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kerry W said...

Wow! Love the hair Cath...I thought it was a whole different person. :P :)

mq01 said...

mother nature is playing with us, but it was worth it, LOVE the red!!! now come on wednesday, we gotta know whats happening!!! meanwhile, (and you busted me earlier on checking out marathons), im thinking running sounds DIVINE!!!!!!!! i can see you doing Tri's :)

RaeC said...

Hi honey. Ben Greenfield has lots of good tips on his website. He's a US triathlete. If you want to get really serious about it, my coach trains a lot of triathletes & is excellent with writing training programs to get your fitness up for them. You know... just helping you rest and all ;o)

Tearose said...

Love the sassy red hair Cath!! ;)