Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 11 July 2010

Boxes......

Soooo I bet you thought the reason for my lack of blogs was due to nasty results on Wednesday...

Ahaaaa No! My measurements were all perfect, I gained muscle and lost 2.2 mils of fat... Now sitting on 58 mils and still well ahead of schedule for the IFBB Comp on the 17t of Oct.

No the real reason for my lack of blogging has been due to an epidemic of boxes....

I have been box bound... locked up... withheld.. captured and it has driven to me tears...literally...

These boxes have been piling on top of me and it has been a shit of a week...

Which started Monday morning at work... my work environment is a windowless box.. within a bigger mostly windowless box... the people are all great to work with (ignoring the food comments of course) but I spend my day locked in a box, typing into a box, full of smaller boxes, like a character from Dr Seuss.. In desperation for a real world I even go out and sit with the smokers at lunch, morning and afternoon break just so I can see some "outside" !!

Monday morning bought with it a whole new look at the concept of stress with a new Award coming into force and a computerised payroll system that is so out of date it can not handle the new Award. This required the manual adjustment of 7 days of timesheets for 116 pays. Yes numbers to go into boxes....

Of course there is another programme available but "those who make such decisions" decided to wait and see if it was reaaalllyy needed rather than getting it before it was REALLLYYY needed... oh and yes apparently after it taking me and two helpers two days to do what normally takes me 4 hours to accomplish, the new system has been order... great... but wont arrive until... ummmm.. sometime in August... not so great... in the meantime every Monday is going to give me a trip into the twilight zone....

Add to this the non replacement of the other full time person in the office who shared the workload and wow my you can bet that my work life is just amazing ball of happiness at the moment... not...

With my pre-competition cardio now in full swing I am rising - and I would like to take this time to point out I am actually doing it without any help from Hubby - at 4.30am and then heading in the dark to the gym... which unfortunately is another box... mostly windowless... which I reappear from in time to glance at the sky - mostly to check that there is still such a thing as a sky - dash home, inhale food, shower, smother myself in saggy baggy uniform ( Yay pre-comp diet is obviously working)... then off I go to aforementioned work box for 8 hours...

On returning home I inhale pre-training BCAA's, Glutamine and Creatine, assemble tomorrows meals (into boxes) in the 30 minute waiting time and then head back to the Gym box this time with Hubby who is no longer yelling at me but doing his own thing....

We leave the Gym box after I have trained and now finished another 20 minutes of low impact cardio... by which time it is dark.... again... blinds drawn and I'm back into House box... dinner is inhaled and then I try and stay awake long enough to eat my pre-sleep meal and then go to bed... yes that box shaped object which I don't spend enough time in...

So honestly.... the last thing I really want to do at any point during the evening is come into this room... which as you can guess is a rather boxlike area and sit and type into this box... Today I can because unlike nearly every other box in my life at this point this one has a wonderfully big window...

Yesterday was spent gathering and processing the intake ingredients for the week.. yep food is prepped... and cleaning the house box.... we then went to the mall box and got more food ingredients and then finally got to wander along the waterfront before sitting on the deck of the Bowling Club and watching the dolphins come in for the evening... wandered home and I finally felt like I was alive again...

Today has been a lazy Sunday, well apart from me having to finalise our EOY business tax, but then it was just a lot of sitting outside on our patio and reading Sunday papers.... down to Mall box for the daily grocery top up and a quick green tea... money is still a little short so no road trips of any kind this weekend... but it has been sooo relaxing just being here...

Now we are just waiting till the Gym box opens for a quick Quad and Abs workout then back to watch a bit of League... then it will be blinds closed and the boxes will all meld together again for another week... sigh....

Will try and get on here for the Wednesday update... if not I am locked like a fox in a box...

4 comments:

mq01 said...

i had been wondering and looking for you, and now i understand. DAMN BOXES. i think bitch broom needs to crush these boxes, even if its in our sleep, come on BB, our fox in a box needs you to bust her out!!! come on morgan and tank, come help. and Erick where are you ;) enjoy your remaining sunday and week witchazel!! xoxo!!

Witchazel said...

Thanx MQ01 :o) Funny I was thinking about an Erick just yesterday!! I'm sure it won't be long before I escape the boxes and I will on the Broom again :o)

Kerry W said...

Yep...I was wondering where the hell you were, as I'm only just catching up with blogs from the last couple of weeks. Saw you moved, so here I am!

All I have to say Cath is...go take a ride! No boxes...plenty of sunshine...blue skies...wind in your face...road to anywhere you want! ;)

mq01 said...

hey, foxy in boxes :) did you see the solar eclipse all over the news from easter island yesterday? no wonder you've felt "in a box". you are soooooo in tune!!!.....