Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Sunday 4 July 2010

Sunday morning round up....

For a start my back has suddenly "recovered"... I have no idea what I did to make it play up and still no idea what I did to stop it hurting... weird... but hey that's just me some times... weird...

My training and diet for the week has been on track... I am slowly increasing the weights I press, pull, throw... no I promise there hasn't been any throwing lately... anyway its no fun now cause Hubby has learnt to duck and weave... lol

I have noticed an increasing amount of comments on my food while I am at work... It always make me grin at the "Hell that smells fabulous!" comments that I get every morning when the Roo, beans. broccoli and sweet potato is heated up... then at lunchtime when I'm munching away on my chicken, salad and sweet potato random staff members comment with "How great does that smell!" will admit that I get a few not so nice comments when I heat up the tuna & greens in the afternoon but some still comment on the yum smell of my weird food...

I find this all hilarious because at the same time I do still get the "how do you eat like that" comments. Although they all love the smell and ingredients they all still consider me a deprived starving health freak....

At the time I started my pre-comp diet other staff members started and have already given up on the Tony Ferguson programme without making a gram of difference to their weight and I can not imagine what, if any, their fat loss has been. Meanwhile on my weird helath freak diet I have lost, at last measurement, 34 mils of which around 4kgs has been just fat... This is while they have struggled with soups and shakes and hunger and while I am eating 6 times a day with complete meals... gee I'm happy to be the deprived health freak..LOL

Yes I know I must also do cardio... but hang on that's just 45 mins a day, first thing in the morning.... yes I go to the gym at night to train with weights as well but that is still around 1 hour.. so for a grand total of one and three quarter hours a day I work out... to me that's equivalent to watching Sunrise on TV in the morning and 2 programmes at night... and believe me I would rather be at the gym than watching someone yell "No Deal!"...

Its a lifestyle thing... this is how I live.... hey its even great.. its not deprived... but its ok, I know that I am weird... lol

We didn't do much yesterday.. normal Saturday morning training, house cleaning , a weeks worth of food prepared, wander along the waterfront into a gale force wind for a coffee, slow walk out fast walk back LOL

Today we are off to stock up the egg whites and find a sunny spot of out the cold wind again for a walk...

Another week ahead full of goals and dreams.... can't wait to see Kelli on Wednesday to hear all about her fabulous holiday and to make sure that I am still on track... wow maybe I will be able to add trifle to my next weeks diet.... do ya think... No?? ohhhh ok, just got a bit delirious there... ohhh I know why... its time for more food!!! YAY!!

2 comments:

mq01 said...

im so glad your back is ok. the food comments, its unfortunately no surprise. people have become so accustomed to eating fast and easy shit that good food smells surprisingly amazing to them. pfffttt. lol, go figure! :)

bob and i are working hard to get some riding in for you and mr bling this 4th of july. and cinco and i had a chat while i found his hiding place under the stove (he stashed his clicker and presents, lol) and he said to say hi too. we love ya witchazel!

Kek said...

I can so relate to the work food comments thing. And those stupid shake diets... Aargh! Wait till spring arrives and the shakes and frozen diet meals come out in force.

Meanwhile, we can just laugh at the "are you eating AGAIN?" remarks.

Belated congrats on getting to fifty - show us how it's done, Cathy!