Focus......

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.”- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

FIGURING OUT THE FIFTIES.... SO THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT.......

Wednesday 15 September 2010

Sorry, slack, shattered.....

I have been growled at for my lack of blogging lol.... seems a certain someone who we shall call "Julie"... mostly because that is her name.. had a whole day at home and decided to use the time to catch up on my blog and Miss Slackness here had not blogged!!!

A quizillion apologies, please do not send me the curse of armpit infestation of the fleas of a thousand camels... I shall blog more... promise...

Sooooo after the turmoil of last week at work I have spent most of the time since then thinking, pondering, worrying and considering my decisions, lifestyle and the whole meaning of life as we know it. All this has been buzzing around in my carb depleted and cardio drained brain and really that is not a pleasant place for anything to be buzzing around in! Let alone life as we know it!!!

As you can imagine, even though I have been very tight with my nutrition, trained exactly as told, and spun my endless miles going nowhere each morning, when your mind is busy pulling apart the meaning of life it is hard to give your training and cardio your full concentration.. Even the nutrition area has suffered with whole meals disappearing into my body without me remembering whether I ate it or not.... not fun when food is such a special wee thing to us pre-comp girls...

Well this made the approach of weigh in today a little weird, I wasn't actually worried since, as I said, I had done everything I should have, but I did not do it with any thought or passion, it was done on autopilot...

I was lucky that I managed a loss this week of 1.2 mils of goo.. the abs hung onto what they could which of course is perfectly understandable when you consider the stress I have been placing on myself and when we are stressed abs hang onto fat, luckily my hump lost a good chunk.. Obviously humps don't give a shit about stress lol

So after a fairly decent result from a distracted week, it was onto an hours posing touch up with Kelli...

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! Since my body has grown like... well a growing thing... over the past year all my posing has been altered to show all my nice new grown up muscles... OUCH!!! So after an hour of torture, adjustments, and just a touch of panic from Hubby when I dared to sweat on his newest creation, I now have my new way to pose... Wow Yes I had forgot how it hurts to do this properly for more than 15 minutes lol

I also forgot how much it just plain wears you out, isometric exercises are the beastliest muscle working thing known in life as we know it.. hmmm maybe I should be pondering that lol We are really lucky as Fitness Matters has a great cardio room with heaps of mirrors which I can pose my little heart out in and not have people looking at me like I am a poser... lol

I am really excited about going to the INBA comp on Sunday and can't wait to see all the fabulous women on stage!! You are all amazing!!

Well once again my diet jelly awaits... Another week ahead, this time with my concentration back on the goal which is now just 31 sleeps away...

To stop the camel flea curse I will be blogging more often... I may have to take my laptop to the spin bike.... but I will be blogging more often...

1 comment:

mq01 said...

passing the green tea back to you. i need to tell you today that you write what i think/feel in ways that i am unable, thank you, thank you for being you, just the way you are. my thoughts, plans, goals, shit even tea parties and world peace are all doing burnouts in my head, making it difficult to be in anything but autopilot, LOL but true!

enjoy the diet jelly, blogging or not blogging, and each every day/sleep closer to goal my dear. xoxo